Giyur K’Halacha is a newly established network of independent rabbinical courts that is adjudicating conversions of qualifying individuals in accordance with Orthodox Jewish law. The project was formally launched by a group of Modern Orthodox activist organizations in August 2015. Click this button for media resources (English and Hebrew) related to its launch.
- August 13, 2015, Ynet, Rabbi Seth Farber, ‘A tolerant and traditional Jewish approach toward modernity’
- August 13, 2015, The Jerusalem Post, Rabbi Uri Regev, ‘Conversion – Time to go beyond the rhetoric’
- November 13, 2014, JTA, Rabbis Avi Weiss and Marc Angel, ‘Centralizing authority on conversions hurts converts’
- August 16, 2015, nrg, Mindy Grosman, ‘The founder of the conversion courts: “The rabbis will be held accountable (by God)”‘ (about Rabbi Nahum Rabinovitch)
- August 18, 2015, Kipa, Rabbi Dov Lipman, There’s no halakhic problem whatsoever in converting the children of olim
- August 10, 2015, Kipa, Interview with Rabbi Shlomo Riskin
- August 18, 2015, Srugim, Rabbi Yisrael Rosen, Rav Kook would not have accepted these alternative conversions